What Are Skin Tags
A look at Skin Tags
What exactly are skin tags? Here are a few facts to help you better understand what skin tags are.
- Skin tags or Acrochodons as they are known in the medical field are unattractive pieces of skin that hang off the body.
- Skin tags are completely harmless growths.
- Some people may be more prone to tags (greater than 50-100 tags) either through obesity, heredity or other unknown causes.
- Though men and women are equally effected by skin tags, women of normal weight with larger breasts can be prone to skin tags under their breasts.
- Skin tags usually occur in certain locations including the base of the neck, underarms, eyelids, groin folds and under the breasts.
- Babies that are chubby may develop skin tags in areas where skin rubs against skin.
- Children may develop tags on eyelids from rubbing eyes or underarms from friction and repetitive irritation from sports.
- Most tags are small, at about one-half the size of a pinky fingernail but some tags become as large as a grape or even a fig.